Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 11th

I have just put up a blog about my daily schedule, so I hope it gives you some insight to what happens on a daily basis. For the most part Monday- Friday my schedule is the same down to when I fall asleep. On Saturday I get together with the larger group to do health and environmental training. This Saturday we started our own little gardens as a practice. We usually spend most of the day in a lecture setting followed by some short relaxing group activity. Sundays are wide open. I generally have no plans so I take a day to relax and work on homework I have missed over the week. Today I am catching up on emails and blogs and hopefully will be able to walk around the village and take some nice pictures. A few kids came to me two days ago asking if I could help them learn chemistry, biology, physics and math. They are younger kids and they speak English pretty well. I told them I could help them for a couple hours each day if they tutored me on my Kiswahili. It should be a pretty fair trade, but I just don’t know how much time I will be able to commit to them. They also do not have many resources when it comes to studying, so I hope that I will be able to find things that will help them to study. Next weekend the large group is taking a vacation! We have a Kiswahili test on this Friday. It is our first test, it is both written and verbal. After the test our group is going on a vacation. We are heading to a beach on the ocean for the weekend! I am so excited to take a few days away from the studying and just relax. I am going to go to bed now. I hope all is well and I will update soon.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of "resources" for studying are needed. Is there any way I could help -- I know a lot of teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just use your brain! or I'll just lfy out and help you because I am oh so smrt... and I miss you so it's good deal for me!

    ReplyDelete