Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The third week!

Ahh this is crazy! I am half way around the world. It is still a surprise every morning when I wake up, look at my mosquito net, and hear roosters outside my window. I never thought I would see 6am consecutively some many days in a row ( including my day off!) Then to walk outside with no street lights, and chickens running around and the smell of carcoal knowing my breakfast and water for a shower is being cooked. I love all the people in my town. They are so inviting and willing to share thier time and stories with me. I still can't believe this is my life! I had projected I would have more access to the internet during training, but was misunderstood. I am going to try and write a long blog at my house, then transfer it on here in a few days. I want you all to visualize my days. Kiswahili is getting eaiser, and the food is still great! I love that everyone is reading my blog, and commenting, even though I havent been able to update. I have three brothers and ahouse maid that live iwith me right now. I am living the hig life. My dad is a social worker, and travels most of the time, so I am "stuck at home playing soccer with my brothers" Life is good. I have a little over two months left of training, and then I am on my own! I find out where I will be placed in three weeks!!!! AHh this is happening so fast. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers I truely can feel them! Please keep sending me emails and posts I will eventually get caught up with them
I love you all,
Justin

8 comments:

  1. I love it! and I love you! :-) can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teach those kids how to play "Zelma" haha. Anyway, its good to hear you're doing great over in Africa. These posts are pretty enjoyable to read every once in a while. Take care Zerber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Justin, It's been great reading your blogs.
    we are happy to hear you are doing good.
    We pray for you each day ! Keep us posted
    Love The Morasso's

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds amazing Justin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful!! Miss you and love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. how's the six pack coming in? AND how tan are you? I mean I'm pretty tan... I think I might win. AND did you go to the world cup? I mean you live right next door to it right?
    I MISSSSS YOU and love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Justin-Keep filling us in! Your descriptions are so vivid we really feel like we can tell what it's like for you! Sam wants you to at least explain ice hockey to your brothers. We all miss you and hope amazing things keep happening for you.

    Love,
    Beth, Brian, Whitney and Sam

    ReplyDelete