Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 11th

Good morning all,
I am pre-writing a blog again, because it is so easy when I get onto internet to just post this up. Right now it is 6:30 am and I just got back from a run with the other volunteers in my village. I have to wirte this quick because I have to go to school at 7:30am. I still have to shower eat and get ready but I wanted to write a blog first. Today is Thursday and I have a security test. Yesterday I had my health examination which was pretty easy. On Friday I have my last oral examination. That will be hard, but I did pretty well on the pre test so I am not to worried. In a few days I travel to the capital city again to swear in and have dinner at the US embacy. The swearing in ceremony is on Wednesday, then I travel to site all alone on Thursday. It is so weird that I have been here almost two months now. This has been going so fast and I am having so much fun. I am excited to be on my own but sad to leave my family. It is going to be very different when I come home and no one is there to great me or cook my dinner. At the same time I am so pumped to cook my own meals again and just be on my own. It is so sad that I have gotten so close to all my other volunteers and now we are getting placed all around the country. I have been placed close to three other volunteers from my class. There are also I believe six other volunteers from other classes close to me also. I am not sure how close they are, but shouldnt be closer than a hour bus ride. I am excited because I am in the city and have electricity and easy access to water. Life will be good. Ok time to go take a bucket bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment