Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 14th

So I had time to write another blog this week. Things are becoming so real. I just packed up mot of my belongings so peace corps can take them to Dar es Salaam on Monday. I will bring the remaining stuff with me when I travel there on Tuesday. I have aquired another large bag of stuff.... It has new books (peace corps and novels), mosquito net, blanket, sheets, pillow, all the stuff peacecorps gave me when I arrived at my host family site. Right now it is Sunday and in a few hours I will be traveling to Tanga. We are doing a little goodbye party for my small group of volunteers I was in class with. We are going to a place that has pizza! I know it won't be as good as Hungry Howies, but I am still very excited. It is about an hour daladala(bus) ride. Rhamadan started a few days ago. My family has been fasting during the day, and only eating when the sun sets. It has been nice for me because they eat their first dinner earlier in the night. Now I have been eating around 7pm instead of 9 or 930. I think I did really well on my oral examination. I find out my results on Monday. All is good though, I hope to download your emails and then be able to answer them soon. I hope all is well. You are able to post questions on here too if you have any. Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment