Sunday, August 22, 2010

Swearing in!

Ok so I need to go some pretty important updates. I passed all of my tests. I didn't do as well as I thought I did, but I did enough to pass. On Wednesday August 18th I was sworn in as an official peacecorps volunteer. It was at the US embassoradors house. It was a really nice ceremony with some speakers in english and Kiswahili. The volunteers put on a little thank you show, we sang both national anthems, gave a speech in both kiswhaili and english, and I cut the cake. After we had some odoevours, cake and some pop. It was nice to have good food. After we went to the peacecorps headquarters to finish up some last minute details along with getting paid and such. After we went to the house of the Country Director for Peacecorps. She has a beautiful house in Dar es Salaam. We had another amazing meal then we went back to the hostel to pack up so we could leave early the next morning. My trip was with three other volunteers. We drove about 10 hours to Moishi town. That is the cleaniest town in Tanzania. It is mostly a touristy town because it is the closest major town to Mount Killimanjaro. It was so nice to have a hot shower and good food again. We left again early the next morning for another 7 hour drive. We finally arrived in Katesh. Once you hit the road alittle passed Arusha, it is not paved. They are working on the road right now to try to pave it all the way through, so it takes along time to travel on.

No comments:

Post a Comment